[linux-lvm] How to start duplicate VG with new name and UUID?

Richard Michael rmichael-lvm at edgeofthenet.org
Thu Sep 18 19:59:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:22:01AM +0100, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> Richard Michael wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I'm using FC7 2.6.23.12-52.fc7 and LVM2 lvm2-2.02.24-1.fc7.
> >
> > I have a RAID1 mdadm software array containing a VG.  Half the array has
> > been removed from the system and now returned and I want data from the
> > old half, before it is resync'd back into the array.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2007-November/msg00039.html
>
> And the reply from Alasdair which improves a couple of the steps.

Thanks Bryn.  I actually did quite a bit of searching before posting,
and found your message you reference, but it wasn't applicable as your
first step was to deactivate the VG (and I can't deactive the existing
VG with mounted LVs).  But, I should have looked at Alasdair's reply,
which solves that problem.

Sorry for the noise, and thanks for pointing me to his reply, I'll give
it a go.

Regards,
Richard