[linux-lvm] Will LVM2 ever be able to do striped mirrors "raid 10"?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 13:54:19 UTC 2009

In my experience, on the linux platform it's easier to avoid LVM's
raid-like features and let software raid, specifically md, handle the
raid for you. It's another layer to manage but not much more
complexity.

Not to knock on the LVM folks, they do awesome work, but imho the code
for the software raid is better tested if only by virtue of how often
it's used/tested/broken. LVM, as I see it, is designed to take
physical disks/arrays and hide the underlying structure into one giant
pool for the admin to manage.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie