[linux-lvm] Allocation maps of a mirrored LV?

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Thu Jan 15 10:03:05 UTC 2009

On Thursday, 2009-01-15 at 10:30:27 +0100, Jaroslav Stava wrote:
> Lupe Christoph wrote:
>> I can't find an option for pvs that prints the allocation map, nor for
>> vgs. Any suggestions?

> Try
> lvs VG -a --segments -o +devices
> that should print all the information you need.

<hug>Jaroslav, you're right!</hug>

Actually, I don't need segment information, so I can omit --segment. The
command that gives me what I can use is

lvs testvg --separator : --noheadings --all -o +devices

The "-a" or "--all" option is the key. Thanks a lot for this! Now that I
know what to look for, I find it in lvs --help. But not in the manpages.
Guess where I looked :-(

Lupe Christoph
--
| There is no substitute for bad design except worse design.                   |
| /me                                                                          |