[linux-lvm] how to enlarge a logical volume that is a virtual disk of a virtual machine that uses lvm too?

Ricardo Funke Ormieres funke.listas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 03:11:02 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a phisical machine with a xen vm installed and I'm using LVM in both.
The Virtual Machine is using a LogVol (that belongs to the Dom0) as it's
virtual hard disk.

It's possible to enlarge this LogVol in order to enlarge the vm's hard disk?

I know that I can just create another LogVol in the Dom0 and add it to the
vm's PV, but I'm curious for that possible alternative.

Thanks in advance