[linux-lvm] how to enlarge a logical volume that is a virtual disk of a virtual machine that uses lvm too?

Alex Brett alex at alexbrett.net
Sat Mar 7 09:29:55 UTC 2009

I'm not sure if you could do it online or not (I can't see any reason
why not, but there may be issues), but you should just be able to resize
the LV (lvresize) in dom0 (obviously make sure you enlarge it, not
shrink it), then do a pvresize in the VM to enlarge the PV to use all
the extra space.

Alex