[linux-lvm] Removing a very old physical drive - revisited

Nicholas Robinson npr at bottlehall.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 07:17:08 UTC 2009

Hi Malahal

Thanks for your reply. I don't really want to use the new/temporary disc
long-term, it seems that pvmove needs space to create a mirror-lv whilst
it is working and it seemed possible that the original problem was that
this extra space wasn't there.

# pvscan
  PV /dev/sdb2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [27.75 GB / 960.00 MB free]
  PV /dev/sda2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [314.97 GB / 30.84 GB free]
  PV /dev/sdd3   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [52.50 GB / 52.50 GB free]
  Total: 3 [395.22 GB] / in use: 3 [395.22 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]

This shows that sda2 has enough PEs free to take sdb2 ultimately and
sdd3 should have enough space to hold any sensible mirror lv.

I am using an upgraded Fedora 11 installation (from Fedora 8 using
preupgrade) with lvm version

  LVM version:     2.02.48 (2009-06-30)
  Library version: 1.02.33 (2009-06-30)
  Driver version:  4.14.0

I will try a posting to dm-devel as you suggest.

Thanks

Nick