[linux-lvm] Is it possible to bypass LVM and mount contained partition directly?

Romeo Theriault romeo.theriault at maine.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:27:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

>  Can you restore these backups to another system?  Such as one designated to do this job?

Yes, I've thought about this a bit too. The problem that I see with
this is that I'll only be able to have one restore at a time
happening, since almost all our linux vm's have the same named VG's
and LV's and they are on read-only media so I wouldn't be able to
rename them....

I've going to have to keeping thinking about this one.

Thanks for the pointers.

Romeo