[linux-lvm] Is it possible to bypass LVM and mount contained partition directly?

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Tue Jun 1 13:54:29 UTC 2010

> I'll only be able to have one restore at a time happening,
> since almost all our linux vm's have the same named VG's
> and LV's

    Fedora used to by default name the VG for every machine
volgroup001 or something like that.  They then changed to
naming it after the machine, I believe.  You are discovering
one of the reasons why having them all named the same is a
bad idea.  When a SAN is involved, one can of course envision
several other problems limits on future usage.  Your best course
of action may be to eliminate the root cause and rename the
source VGs.
--
Ray Morris
support at bettercgi.com