[linux-lvm] Recovering pre-existing data after vgcreate

Miro Moman miromoman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 07:48:34 UTC 2011

OK, I think I have recovered all the data.

First I removed the lv, the vg and the pv (in this order) I had created for
/dev/sdc1.

Next I run:

fsck.ext4 /dev/sdc1

This was quick and I believe it was enough to solve the problem. Yet, just
in case, I also run:

fsck.ext4 -cDfty -C 0 /dev/sdc1

I am making a backup on a external drive right now. Then, I will reformat,
reconfigure the lvm and finally transfer the data, which I guess it is what
I should have done from the beginning...

--
http://www.edelmiromoman.eu/