[linux-lvm] Inconsistent naming...?

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Wed Jul 13 15:39:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Linda A. Walsh wrote:

>   Roughly, if I give a script the mount point of a logical device, how can I
> find
> out the name of the LV it is on?
>
>   Before I stumbled upon this quote-hack, I could look the mount point in
> /proc/mounts and get the dev name.

I apologize for not being more helpful and actually posting such a script
(would be happy to do so when I find the link to the quoting spec),
but I would write a python script (or even a C program in the unlikely event
it becomes a bottleneck) to quote/unquote lv names.  Use that
in your shell scripts to get the dev name.

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>