[linux-lvm] simple LVM disk failure recover

benry benry at autistici.org
Sat Sep 24 15:35:13 UTC 2011

Hi,
sorry for the top-posting, but in this case it seems a good choice...
the situation evolved from my last post:

The sda raid was lost completely due to an hardware problem of the raid
card, actually there is a new board and a new empty raid... how could I
convince LVM to use it, in place of the old one? (the uuid are
different), but moreover, can I restore in some way the content of the
other raid that is still full of data?

LVM was configured to use sda and sdb in linear mode... not stripping...
so theoretically data in sdb should be readable, right?

Please answer me... also RTFM with a link to the right manual would be
kindly appreciated (if you know that an answer for my question exist in
the manual) ;)

Thanks in advance,

Enrico