[linux-lvm] problem mounting the lvm drive

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 08:59:09 UTC 2013

Dear all
I had created a LVM from 3 physical volumes and here is the output of "lvdisplay"

$ lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/orcafiler1/orcavolume
  VG
 Name                orcafiler1
  LV UUID                ViopUK-WTiy-bwzw-jpkL-oeF9-AvQV-Q0J6Fi
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              NOT available
  LV Size                2.73 TiB
  Current LE             715401
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto

However there is no /dev/orcafiler1/orcavolume.
As a result when I want to mount it, I get an error

$ mount /dev/orcafiler1/orcavolume /data
mount: special device
 /dev/orcafiler1/orcavolume does not exist

I have to say, there was no problem with this drive before. After a reboot I get this error.
Indeed there are some files on the lvm but I can not mount it.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Mahmood