[linux-lvm] Resising underlying array

Georges Giralt georges.giralt at free.fr
Thu Jul 4 17:21:52 UTC 2013

Hello !
Today was a terrible day at work. So I did not touch my array nor LVM.
But I thought about it.
As I will resize the first disk partition, I'll touch the beginning of
the PV (which is built on the mirror made of the second disk partitions).
So I wonder if LVM is "dumb" and won't notice that the first blocks are
not the old first blocks (provided that the underlying array is synced),
or if the LVM layer will loudly complain because the former blocks of
the beginning of the PV have moved (Am I right or wrong here ??) ???
I've to admit that I'm reluctant to touch this server, given the day I
had today...
So I beg, another time, for your advice.
Thanks for your help !