[linux-lvm] Fwd: file-based locking initialization failed after pvresize

Christian Lahti clahti at gmail.com
Fri May 31 03:37:54 UTC 2013

Sorry forgot to copy the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Lahti <clahti at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] file-based locking initialization failed after
pvresize
To: matthew patton <pattonme at yahoo.com>

Thank you for your reply, I realize that I must have done something rather
bone-headed and I am usually pretty clued.  That being said I am still in
the same pickle I was in to begin with, something constructive would be
fantastically appreciated.  If there were proper documentation *anywhere*
google-able I would not have bothered the mailing list.  I am pretty sure
the data must be in tact since this was done in single user mode and no
writes to the disk/volume have occurred since the two commands were run, I
have /etc/lvm in tact with information prior to and after the event.  If
someone would be so kind as to please let me know exactly what information
they might need, I will do my level best with minimum "back and forth" to
provide such information to get out of said pickle.  And I furthermore
promise not to do it again.

/Christian