[linux-lvm] howto speed-up thinpool-devices?

Marian Csontos mcsontos at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 10:06:19 UTC 2013

On 08/24/2013 10:42 AM, Oliver Rath wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Im using thinpool-devices (and snapshots, too). I know, thinpool-devices
> arent the fastest one, but maybe there could make more use of read (and
> maybe write) caching. In my test-system are 32GB of ram, but there is a
> max use of cache about <1GB, not more, by heavily use of these devices.

Buffers may be more relevant metric as the I/O among snapshots is
"shared" on block device level.

I am using thin snapshots rather heavily (in VMs) and buffers are using
13 GB of total 32 GB RAM on the machine (and it is not running at full
load now)

Are you using FS on top of the thin devices?

-- Martian