[linux-lvm] can't deactive VG in cluster

Dong Ding dyd281 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 01:07:10 UTC 2014

Dear all,
I have two servers as active/standby function.   I  used the lvm in two
servers but not use the 'exclusive' for VG.      I  tried  umount the
volume in active server, then  vgchange -an VG,  but  the deactive failed .
>From lvs output that shows the lv's attr still has a 'o' at 6th place, but
the volume not mounted.

There are 6 cluster groups,   when I  tried to  migrate to standby servers
that all the active servers have same issuse.

Normally  if the volume umounted,  the lvs output show the  'attr' without
'o' at 6th place,  but I have it.

pls help me find  the  reason.  thx