[linux-lvm] broken fs after removing disk from group

Marc des Garets marc at ttux.net
Fri Nov 14 08:42:34 UTC 2014

I am even able to mount the volume actually now and get to the data but
I can't do a fsck on the disk because of the difference of block between
physical size and filesystem size. I really don't feel like copying all
my data to recreate the lvm from scratch...

I tried what was suggested here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/e2fsprogs/discussion/7053/thread/c9e05785/

debugfs -w /dev/sda1
debugfs: set_super_value blocks_count 597721088
debugfs: quit

Where I had to compile e2fsprogs as explained in the thread but it
didn't work out anyway. All I gained from doing this is another warning
when running fsck:
ext2fs_open2: The ext2 superblock is corrupt
fsck.ext4: Superblock invalid, trying backup blocks...

Guess it's happy with the backup blocks but it still complains about
difference in block size.