[linux-lvm] broken fs after removing disk from group

Jack Waterworth jack at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 17:12:10 UTC 2014

If you get anything back from this file-system I would be impressed.
Losing 200GB of a file-system isnt something small that can just be
"made up" to restore the data. The only options I can think of would be
to (1) restore from backup, (2) copy as much data as you can off onto a
new location, (3) fsck.    #1 is probably the best in your situation,
however if that's not an option you should try to save as much data as
possible (#2).

a fsck should be able to repair the file-system back into a "good"
state, but you'll likely lose a lot of data. Can you show us the full
error output you're getting when you try to fsck?

Also, keep in mind that this is an LVM mailing list... not a filesystem
one. Perhaps you could get some help in #ext4 on the OFTC IRC.

   Jack