[linux-lvm] LVM RAID1 syncing component

Heinz Mauelshagen heinzm at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 12:52:19 UTC 2014

With DM/LVM it is always the last images added when converting (to)
raid1; see "lvs -a".

If you for instance convert from linear to raid1 with "lvconvert -m1
--type raid1  $LV",
the second (and last) device named /dev/$VG/${LV}_rimage_1 will be
resynchronized
from the first /dev/$VG/${LV}_rimage_0 (i.e. the former linear device).

As mentioned below, the copy_percent aka sync_percent tells you how far
the sync process got
unless 100% when it's finished.

-- lvmguy