[linux-lvm] Volume group inconsistent

Zdenek Kabelac zdenek.kabelac at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:27:19 UTC 2015

Dne 9.2.2015 v 17:37 Marcos Dutra napsal(a):
> Hi Zdenek,
>
> I attached 2 files, one with missing status and another my backup today. I
> restored my vg from backup but I still have problem, if I create some new lv
> volumes, vg status come back with missing status, I don't know why. Since
> saturday night I don't create any volumes in this vg and I don't have any
> missing status until now, but I would like come back to create new lv in this
> volume.
> My server is centos-6.6 with lastest updates.

What are those  /dev/mapper/plt-XX  devices ?

It seems like the lvm2 command cannot write to this place properly?

Checksum error looks like serious problem.

 From attached output - all your PVs were properly markes as not missing,
however the lvm2 cannot read back proper crc code.

So what are those 0.5GB devices - are they properly writable ?
(especially in the disk header)

Note - there are special type of block devices like DASD devices
that must be first properly configured by IBM storage manager to provide
regular devices.

Regards

Zdenek