[linux-lvm] Question (and feature suggestions) regarding lvmcache and lvmthin

Austin S Hemmelgarn ahferroin7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:29:45 UTC 2015

I've got a couple of cached LV's on my system where the origin is a
RAID{1,10,5} LV, and have noticed that there doesn't appear to be any
way (at least that I can find) of resyncing/scrubbing the origin LV
without detaching it from the cache pool, which is significantly
inconvenient as I scrub the origin LV's weekly.  I was wondering if
there was any advice on how to do this without needing to detach it from
the pool

On a somewhat related note, It would be a nice feature for both cached
LV's and thinpool LV's to be able to just run 'lvchange --syncaction
check' on the pool/cached LV and have it scrub each of the constituent
LV's if applicable (ie, if you have a thinpool LV where the data and
metadata LV's are RAID{1,10,5,6}, then running 'lvchange --syncaction
check' on the thinpool would trigger a read-only resync for the data and
metadata LV's).

Please cc me on replies, as I'm not subscribed to the list.