[linux-lvm] Question (and feature suggestions) regarding lvmcache and lvmthin

MegaBrutal megabrutal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:33:38 UTC 2015

I agree with you that these features would be nice. Actually, I also
wanted to ask for some of them. Unfortunately, I don't know about a
way to flush lvmcache without detaching and recreating the cache LV.

As a workaround you could create writethrough caches, albeit their
write performance is slower. But in that case, you'd never need to
flush the cache, as you could be sure that the origin LVs are always
up-to-date.