[linux-lvm] LVM crashed, no superblock on dozens of LVs even after vgcfgrestore

Christophe c.baegert-listes at lixium.fr
Fri Mar 27 13:30:02 UTC 2015

Hi again,

i still now have a last LV saying "can't read superblock"
lvs says :
  "nfspostgres     miroir2    -wi-d--- 500,00g"

which means 'device present without tables'

and lvdisplay :
   --- Logical volume ---
   LV Path                /dev/miroir2/nfspostgres
   LV Name                nfspostgres
   VG Name                miroir2
   LV UUID                wPB72R-ZGLS-x1ww-0lgT-D6bz-ZA6S-h6PrOe
   LV Write Access        read/write
   LV Creation host, time host6filer2, 2014-06-02 00:40:01 +0200
   LV Status              available
   # open                 0
   LV Size                500,00 GiB
   Current LE             128000
   Segments               1
   Allocation             inherit
   Read ahead sectors     auto
   - currently set to     256
   Block device           253:35

I restored the LVM table of yesterday which included already this LV,
and all the other LVs came back without problem.

With ext4, I could search for another superblock, I didn't find the
command for xfs, maybe it exists ?

Any idea ?

Regards,

--