[linux-lvm] LVM crashed, no superblock on dozens of LVs even after vgcfgrestore

Jack Waterworth jack at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 13:33:39 UTC 2015

Does the device actually exist here? I usually see these types of errors
when there is something wrong with the PV. More information should be
available via dmesg during activation.

     # lvchange -ay vgname/lvname
     # dmesg

As for the xfs file-system, i'd recommend reaching out to the xfs
community if you believe your lvm stack is intact.  Even if it's not,
they may be able to provide some insight.

   Jack Waterworth, Red Hat Certified Architect
   OpenStack Technical Support North America
   Red Hat Global Support Services ( 1.888.467.3342 )