[linux-lvm] lvm2 cluster aware

su liu liusu8788 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:50:24 UTC 2016

I have a question about lvm2 cluster, The scene is that I try to imitate
FCSAN by mapping a rbd volume to two compute node, Then I using the rbd
volume to  create a PV and VG.I stoped the lvmetad daemon on the compute
nodes. Then I find that when I operating the VG on one compute node, the
changes can also be aware on another compute nodes.

But this docment(http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/sharinglvm1.html) says
that "*LVM is not cluster aware".*

My question is that can I use the method to achieve the case that I create
or delete lv on one node whlie other compute node can using the lvs?

Can anybody explain this?

thx very much!