[linux-lvm] LVM Cache Error: Manual Repair Required

Ming-Hung Tsai mingnus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 09:19:03 UTC 2016

How did your cache-pool get broken? Power lost or other cause?

lvconvert --repair is for thin-pools only, so you might need to repair
the cache-pool manually, by using cache_repair and other tools in the
package thin-provisioning-tools. I'm not familiar with dm-cache, so I
don't know whether there's any limitation in cache_repair.

Removing the cache layer might also work, but for safety, you can try
to activate the cache origin manually at first (it might be
data-lv_corig), to see whether the data is fine or not.

Ming-Hung Tsai