[linux-lvm] pvmove and filesystem - un/mount?

Jarkko Oranen oranenj at iki.fi
Thu Jul 7 18:10:12 UTC 2016

On 07/07/16 19:01, lejeczek wrote:
> hi users,
>
> must be an easy one - what should be(is allowed to do) filesystem
> doing while there is a pvmove(failed hard disk) taking place in
> underlying LV?
>
> many thanks,

Hi,

pvmove is generally transparent to the layers above, so you can continue
using the system as usual while a pvmove is in progress. While I have
never seen pvmove actually fail (My desktop encountered a power failure
mid-operation once, and it just continued as if nothing had happened
after rebooting), with a failing hard disk, I would avoid any additional
IO while the operation is in progress.

--
Jarkko