[linux-lvm] disabling udev_sync and udev_rules

Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) sbezverk at cisco.com
Tue Mar 15 22:31:48 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

While trying to make lvm work within a docker container I came across an issue when all lvcreate/lvremove got stuck indefinetly or until control-c. When I checked process I noticed lvm was waiting on one semaphore, I found that other folks hit similar issue and they fixed it by setting  udev_sync and udev_rules to 0. It also helped my case too.

I would greatly appreciate if you could share your thought if this change in future can potentially have any negative impact.

Thank you

Serguei