[linux-lvm] disabling udev_sync and udev_rules

Zdenek Kabelac zdenek.kabelac at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:56:17 UTC 2016

Dne 15.3.2016 v 23:31 Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) napsal(a):
> Hello folks,
>
> While trying to make lvm work within a docker container I came across an issue when all lvcreate/lvremove got stuck indefinetly or until control-c. When I checked process I noticed lvm was waiting on one semaphore, I found that other folks hit similar issue and they fixed it by setting  udev_sync and udev_rules to 0. It also helped my case too.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if you could share your thought if this change in future can potentially have any negative impact.
>
> Thank you

Hi

To 'unblock' stuck processes waiting on udev cookie - you could run:

'dmsetup udevcomplete_all'

However the key question is - how you could get stuck.
That may need further debugging.

You would need to expose your OS  version and also version of lvm2 in use.

Non working cookies are bad - and disabling udev sync is even more bad idea...

Regards

Zdenek