[linux-lvm] disabling udev_sync and udev_rules

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 16:53:05 UTC 2016

Dne 16.3.2016 v 17:17 Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) napsal(a):
> Hi John,
>
> At least in our situation, Dockers do not own LV and nothing prevents in theory LV created by a process in one container, to be removed by another process in another container. It is exactly the same if two processed are trying to do the same thing.  In both cases if a volume is busy no process will be able to remove it.
>
> In our case, dockers are more like process wrapper, it does not holds any resources other than it needs to run this one process.
>
> I hope it clarifies a bit the approach we took.

Giving docker container root privileges to execute lvm2 command (or in effect
any other root commands!) is just not the docker is supposed to be used (IMHO).

You are just making the security hole bigger and bigger...

But I assume there is no way to convince you it's serious mistake with this
approach...

Regards

Zdenek