[linux-lvm] separate vg create, or merge?

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sat May 21 15:38:49 UTC 2016

If I can ask.

Can you separately create two PVs, put a VG to them, and fill them with
LVs, when these VGs would have the same name, and then at some later
point, in that sense, you would combine them?

I guess in practice if that happens you would have the ability to just
use vgextend.

But what if you allowed two pre-existing PVs/VGs when the VGs had the
same name, in the same system? I believe it wouldn't work very well?

Currently I just gave them different names and plan on merging them.

Regards.