[linux-lvm] Unable to find device with UUID XXX.

Marian Csontos mcsontos at redhat.com
Mon May 23 14:03:21 UTC 2016

On 05/18/2016 09:44 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:

> This is not looking good.

No, it is not :-(

> This is a Seagate ( as you can see ) packaged USB external drive.
>
> With these errors, would it be worthwhile trying to extract the drive
> from the case and try it either internally or in another case?

I have absolutely no idea. In any case it depends on the value of data
on the drive.

And it is also off topic for this list. Try googling the disk model.
Then try to get help on a more appropriate place than here, e.g. on
superuser, or a mailing list (like ddrescue's) where you are more likely
to get answers from data rescue experts.

Good luck,

-- Martian