[linux-lvm] LVM says physical volumes are missing, but they are not

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Tue May 31 08:33:36 UTC 2016

Dne 30.5.2016 v 21:53 Phillip Susi napsal(a):

> On 05/30/2016 04:15 AM, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Please provide full 'vgchage -ay -vvvv' trace of such activation
>> command.
>>
>> Also specify which version of lvm2 is in use by your distro.
>
> 2.02.133-1ubuntu10.  I ended up fixing it by doing a vgcfgbackup,
> manually editing the text file to remove the MISSING flags, and then

Hi

Instead of doing manual 'edit' you should have used:

vgextend --restoremissing  /dev/your_restored_pv

If you do a manual edit - there is quite large probability the restored
device will cause data inconsistencies for raid/mirrors....

(And complementary command if you would have wanted to drop a missing PV:
vgreduce --removemissing)

Regards

Zdenek