[linux-lvm] auto_activation_volume_list in lvm.conf not honored

Stefan Bauer sb at plzk.de
Thu Nov 24 12:21:15 UTC 2016

hi folks,

howto avoid pvescan to initialize lvm volume groups on startup (it's for a cluster setup)? auto_activation_volume_list was filled with the remaining VGs we want to setup. Manually it does what it should

/sbin/lvm pvescan --config 'activation { auto_activation_volume_list = "vg2" }'  only activates vg2 but keeps vg1 "untouched".

But on system startup, all VGs are activated. (ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS)

We also updated the ramdisk and verified, the changes are also in the ramdisks lvm.conf

However vg1 is also enabled.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stefan