[linux-lvm] Question on mixing technologies

Georges Giralt georges.giralt at free.fr
Wed May 31 06:53:49 UTC 2017

Thank you, Gionatan for your answer.

I finally had time to test the first solution, having the root FS on the
M.2 card and everything else (including /var and /tmp) on the mechanical
drives.

The responsiveness of the machine is awesome and, for now, without any
glitch or problem. So I may retain this solution.

The only remaining question is how to trim the device as it is not
"mounted". Is there a special pvcreate or LVM option to have this device
trimmed when it should be ?

Have a nicce day !

--
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him.
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest"

Benjamin Franklin.