[linux-lvm] "write failed.. No space left", "Failed to write VG", and "Failed to write a MDA"

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 18:52:33 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 11:26:29AM -0700, Jim Haddad wrote:
> Do you think I'm right, that there are no lasting effects from having
> ran into problem?  Meaning, if I run 2.02.176/178/2018-06-01-stable
> I'm all set, and don't need to copy all the data off the disk and redo
> it?

It's probably ok.  With one of the good versions above, run 'vgs -vvvv'
and check that the offsets look good.  Then run a pointless command to
write the metadata with -vvvv and check that the vg writes are happening
correctly.  "vgchange -vvvv --addtag foo <vgname>" will write a new
version of the metadata and won't have any effect on LVs.