[linux-lvm] thinpool metadata got way too large, how to handle?

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Fri Jan 10 16:30:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am afraid I have been a bit too optimistic. Being a bit embarassed,
but I am not not able to find any reference to component activation.
I've deactivated all LVs and tried to set the thinpool itself or its
metadata into read only mode:

# lvchange -pr VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6
   Command on LV VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6 uses options invalid with LV
type thinpool.
   Command not permitted on LV VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6.

# lvchange -pr /dev/mapper/VG_Raid6-ThinPoolRaid6_tmeta
   Operation not permitted on hidden LV VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6_tmeta.

I can lvchange -an the thinpool, but then obviously I have no path/file
for for the thin_repair input anynmore that I could provide.

So please, how do I properly set the metadata into read only?

Thanks

Ede