[linux-lvm] pvmove --abort

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 27 16:22:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

I consciously used "pvmove --abort" for the first time now and I'm
astonished it doesn't behave like described in the man page. No matter
if I've used "--atomic" for the original command, when I interrupt the
process with "pvmove --abort" lvm always completely rolls back my copy
operation. I would expect that if I don't use "--atomic" then "--abort"
will result in "segments that have been moved will remain on the
destination PV, while unmoved segments will remain on the source PV"
(from man page). Am I missing something?

I'm using CentOS 7.7.

thx
matthias