[linux-lvm] lvmpolld causes high cpu load issue

Martin Wilck martin.wilck at suse.com
Thu Aug 18 21:13:29 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-08-17 at 14:39 +0200, Martin Wilck wrote:

> "multipath -U" is
> already quite well optimized, but it needs to do some I/O to complete
> it's work, thus it takes a few milliseconds to run.
>
> IOW, it would be misleading to point at multipath.

This is what I thought. I had another look today, and I found that the
case of a very large "multipath.conf" file is indeed not well
optimized. I just sent a patch set to dm-devel ("multipath:
optimizations for large mptable") which should the issue discussed in
this thread on the multipath side.

The pvmove / watch problem could still deserve some attention, but the
urgency should be much  lower.

Martin