[linux-lvm] LVM and RO device/partition(s)

lacsaP Patatetom patatetom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:15:28 UTC 2023

thank you for this first feedback.

I am writing a memo on github and will communicate the url soon.

my question is in the context of digital investigation which does not admit
the alteration of the medium.
of course, there are combinations (/etc/lvm.conf + snap at nbd for example)
which allow in fine not to alter the media but I don't understand why a
media set in read-only mode - eg. chmod 444 + blockdev --setro set before
LVM process - is not protected against LVM modifications...

regards, lacsaP.