[linux-lvm] bad checksum in superblock, wanted

Zdenek Kabelac zdenek.kabelac at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:01:38 UTC 2023

Dne 30. 03. 23 v 5:34 Delarians napsal(a):
> Good afternoon, I'm asking for help in recovering damaged metadata after a
> 220V drop on the server, when the power was restored and the server booted up,
> I got an error in the Proxmox panel
>
> Check of pool pve/data failed (status:1). Manual repair required!
>
> then booted from LiveCD debian mounted corrupted metadata and tried to repair

Hi

You could try  'lvconvert --repair  vg/data'

However it depends how new version of 'thin_repair' tool is present on your
system. The newer the tool - the more error cases it's able to recover.

i.e. I'd highly recommend to use version 0.9 or better.

In case the repair will NOT be successful (aka you cannot activate your thin
volumes)  - you will have 'original' bad metadata in the device   data_meta0
- you could compress and upload the content of this metadata device for futher
analysis.

Regads

Zdenek