[Lohit-devel-list] errors in TT instructions

Bernard Massot bmassot at free.fr
Tue Feb 16 21:14:27 UTC 2010

Hello,

It seems TrueType instructions in Lohit-Hindi worsen the font more than
it improves it. After removing instructions from it, text looks far
better.
I made two screenshots of Indix's web site on Firefox, one with original
instructions found in upstream Lohit-Hindi, one after removing all
instructions. You can see the result on http://bmassot.free.fr/indic/ .

Since instructing's goal is to improve a font, I wonder how this
happened. How were instructions generated at first? Some tests even
showed me that FontForge's autoinstructions can work better than
instructions already existing in Lohit-Hindi.

Did you already notice that? Did you try to improve it?
--
Bernard Massot