[Lohit-devel-list] errors in TT instructions

Bernard Massot bmassot at free.fr
Wed Feb 17 18:21:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:29:46PM +0530, प्रविण सातपुते  wrote:
> Actually we are not using hinting for Indian script,
They didn't get built automagically.

> as its always worsen the things due to curvy nature of shapes.
They don't worsen things if correctly built, I believe.

> i did not noticed this and not even tried to add it any time :)
So you mean you don't get the same result as on my screenshot?

> Just simply editing .sfd file of lohit-hindi not give me anything related to
> hints, where and in which version you found this?
I used 2.4.3 from https://fedorahosted.org/lohit/. It sounds just
impossible you don't have it. Open any glyph and go to
"Hints->Edit Instructions..." dialog and you'll see it's not empty. And
it can have a very big impact as you can see on my screenshot.

Can you think of an explanation? (bug in freetype or some other
component?)
--
Bernard Massot