[Lohit-devel-list] errors in TT instructions

Bernard Massot bmassot at free.fr
Sun Feb 28 17:06:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 06:23:18PM +0530, प्रविण सातपुते  wrote:
> IMO hinting is very important when we view font at very small point
> size(less than 10 say) , but are we using that point size presently?
It can also be important at bigger sizes. I made tests with the Gimp's
"auto-hinter" at sizes 14pt, 13pt and 12pt, and it made a difference.
See http://bmassot.free.fr/indic/lohit_autohinting.html .
If we can get so good results with automatic hinting, it must be not too
difficult to have it directly included in font.
--
Bernard Massot