[Lohit-devel-list] Relicensing Lohit fonts

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Sep 15 16:56:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 15 September 2011 16:06, Richard Fontana <rfontana at redhat.com> wrote:

> Ah, good catch. Assume for the moment that "Lohit" would be designated
> as the "Reserved Font Name"; I'll discuss with my colleague Pam
> Chestek.

The normal OFL copyright notice includes for each copyright holder their
legal name, a contact URL and, ideally, an email to contact regarding
copyright inquiries.

I believe the first copyright holders are either "Modular Infotech" or
"Automatic Control Equipments" but I have no contact details for them.

Additionally, one of the fonts in the last release
(lohit-fonts-2.3.8.tar.gz) has multiple copyright holders, lohit_ml.ttf, so
permission will be needed from Hiran to make a 2.3.9 release under the OFL:

$ wget
http://rbhalera.fedorapeople.org/released/lohit/lohit-fonts-2.3.8.tar.gz;
$ tar zxfv lohit-fonts-2.3.8.tar.gz;
$ cd lohit-fonts-2.3.8;
$ showttf */*ttf | grep Copyright | sort | uniq;

Copyright (c) 2003, Modular Infotech, Pune, INDIA. 520913 - under General
Public License \n \n Modified by Rahul Bhalerao. \n Contributions added from
Hiran Venugopalan <hiran.v at gmail.com>

Copyright (c) 2003, Modular Infotech, Pune, INDIA. 520913 - under General
Public License

Copyright (c) 2003, Automatic Control Equipments, Pune, INDIA. - under
General Public License

$

Cheers
Dave