[Lohit-devel-list] Lohit2: Automated testing support to avoid regressions in Lohit

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 16:32:29 UTC 2014

Pravin Satpute <psatpute at redhat.com> writes:

Hi Pravin,

> Hi All,
>
>     Life was easy from testing perspective till we were working on
> Devanagari and Gujarati scripts due to bit familiar shapes :)
>     It became bit tricky from the time we started working on Malayalam
> script ;) Still thanks to Unicode and Reference document from TDIL and
> continuous help from Ani.
>
>     We started facing need for automated testing. I remember we
> discussed during the Open source language summit 2013 regarding
> automated testing and Santhosh pointed me to GSoc project for automated
> rendering test cases.
>
>     I liked the idea of this project i.e. keeping expected hb-shape
> output in standard file and then after each modification comparing
> output with standard file.
>
>     We are doing same in Lohit with small python code done. [1]

I'm just wondering why you are re-inventing the wheel. Why can't you use
automated-redner-testing tool which is already on github? [*]

[*] https://github.com/nandajavarma/Automated-Rendering-Testing/

You just need to add needed data files for each language and add it to
some CI system like travis.

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info