[Lohit-devel-list] Lohit2: Automated testing support to avoid regressions in Lohit

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:13:02 UTC 2014

On 22 January 2014 22:02, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pravin Satpute <psatpute at redhat.com> writes:
>
> Hi Pravin,
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >     Life was easy from testing perspective till we were working on
> > Devanagari and Gujarati scripts due to bit familiar shapes :)
> >     It became bit tricky from the time we started working on Malayalam
> > script ;) Still thanks to Unicode and Reference document from TDIL and
> > continuous help from Ani.
> >
> >     We started facing need for automated testing. I remember we
> > discussed during the Open source language summit 2013 regarding
> > automated testing and Santhosh pointed me to GSoc project for automated
> > rendering test cases.
> >
> >     I liked the idea of this project i.e. keeping expected hb-shape
> > output in standard file and then after each modification comparing
> > output with standard file.
> >
> >     We are doing same in Lohit with small python code done. [1]
>
> I'm just wondering why you are re-inventing the wheel. Why can't you use
> automated-redner-testing tool which is already on github? [*]
>
> [*] https://github.com/nandajavarma/Automated-Rendering-Testing/
>
> You just need to add needed data files for each language and add it to
> some CI system like travis.

Good question.
Present requirements of lohit are very minimal, it is just string
comparison of command prompt output with existing file using python.

I will definitely consider using
Automated-Rendering-Testing<https://github.com/nandajavarma/Automated-Rendering-Testing/>in
future for some more complex tasks and features getting implemented
there.

Regards,
Pravin Satpute