[Lohit-devel-list] Issue with <virama, rra> in lohit malayalam 2.4.4

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:31:01 UTC 2014

On 13 March 2014 06:06, Cibu Johny (സിബു) <cibu at google.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the font from: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Lohit
>
> The text: ക്റ K-RRA (\u0D15\u0D4D\u0D31)
>
> Harfbuzz display:
>
> [image: ഇൻലൈൻ ഇമേജ് 2]
>
> Expected output (using NotoSansMalayalam):
>
> [image: ഇൻലൈൻ ഇമേജ് 3]
>
> Reasoning: Only RA should form the reordering consonant sign as displayed
> by Lohit. When looked into the font, there seems to be explicit lookup to
> form this consonant sign. That should be removed from the font. Relevant
> TTX dump:
>
>       <Lookup index="16">
>         <LookupType value="4"/>
>         <LookupFlag value="0"/>
>         <!-- SubTableCount=1 -->
>         <LigatureSubst index="0" Format="1">
>           <LigatureSet glyph="U0D30">
>             <Ligature components="U0D4D" glyph="glyph226"/>
>           </LigatureSet>
>           *<LigatureSet glyph="U0D31">*
> *            <Ligature components="U0D4D" glyph="glyph138"/>*

Good catch. !!
Yeah lohit 2.5.4 had some issues from standards perspective. We worked on
Lohit Malayalam under lohit2 project [1] in last couple of months and did
alpha [3] and beta [2] release. Bugs you are pointing is already fixed in
2.92.0 release.

 Lohit Malayalam 2.92.0 looks very stable not found any bugs in last 1
month. I was about to ask you if you can review lohit malayalam 2.92.0 and
let us know if we are missing any important thing. Will be very helpful for
lohit2 project.

Best Regards,
Pravin Satpute

1.