[Lohit-devel-list] Lohit Bengali 2.91.0 (alpha) is now available for testing

Pravin Satpute psatpute at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 06:19:16 UTC 2014

Hi all,

    Lohit Bengali is now available at fedorahosted.org [1] for testing.
Sneha did most of the work during march, we worked further, resolved
bugs from GSUB and cleanup of GPOS.

Following are improvement in Lohit Bengali.

  * Support for both "beng" & " bng2" open type script tags
  * Rewritten all open type rules.
  * Following Unicode, OpenType and AGL specifications.
  * Automated Testing module available
  * Rules available in feature file, compiled using AFDKO (adobe font
    development kit)
  * Tested on W8, Harfbuzz, utrrs.
  * Removing redundant characters (specifically the half forms since
    anchor-positioning applied to them)
  * Implementing "copy reference" feature

    This is still alpha, need help for testing. I will definitely ping
offline for testing :)

    Feel to to report issues and suggest improvement at github. [2]

    As most of you know now, this improvement in Lohit is happening
under Lohit2 [3] project which aims to create standard, efficient and
effective OpenType tables which can be referenced or directly used by
future font project development.

Best Regards,
Pravin Satpute

1. https://fedorahosted.org/lohit