[Lohit-devel-list] Released Lohit Assamese 2.91.0 (Alpha) under lohit2 project

Pravin Satpute psatpute at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 07:33:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

   Last week we done with initial release of Lohit Bengali 2.91.0 [1].  Comparing Assamese and Bengali language fonts brings out following points.
   1. Both follows same Unicode range. [2]
   2. Assamese has following alternatives over to Bengali :- 09F0 (ৰ) &     09F1 (ৱ)

  AFAIK there are not much difference other than this. Considering this i thought it is good time to do release of the Lohit Assamese as well so we can get testing from both Assamese and Bengali communities.

  Highlight's are not much different than we announced for Lohit Bengali but i think good to mention again here.

    - Support for both "beng" & " bng2" open type script tags
    - Rewritten all open type rules.
    - Following Unicode, OpenType and AGL specifications.
    - Automated Testing module available
    - Rules available in feature file, compiled using AFDKO (adobe font development kit)
    - Tested on W8, Harfbuzz, utrrs.
    - Removing redundant characters (specifically the half forms since anchor-positioning applied to them)
    - Implementing "copy reference" feature

    Fedorahosted page is updated with download details [3]. I will soon build this for Fedora, feel free to report issues and suggest improvement AT github [4]. Information about Lohit2 project is available AT [5]

Best Regards,
Pravin Satpute

1. http://pravin-s.blogspot.in/2014/10/lohit-bengali-alpha-version-2910-is.html
2. http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0980.pdf